Peace

Peace

An Old Path

Welcome to An Old Path. This is a place where a friend and I can share our experiences . We have set out on a journey, on a path that has been worn well by travel over time . Both my friend and I are practicing Catholics who live in different cities in Southern Ontario. Our goal is to attend mass service together in as many churches that were built in the 19 th century as we can. We will publish what we experience.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Path Re-Visited - St. Agatha's RC Church, St. Agatha, Ont. Nov. 21, 2010

Today, on a late fall morning, we revisted St. Agatha RC Church. We had missed each other on our previous attempt to visit this church (see earlier entry for Sept. 12th 2010) and wanted to come back for a second look. Sometimes, if you are very lucky or perhaps very blessed, life grants you a second chance. I think the moment was right to attend this church. Unknown to us, we had chosen a special day for our second visit - the occasion when all the grade 8 students declared their desire to be confirmed in the Catholic faith. It was clear that special care and preparation was taken with this mass as leaders helped guide the young congregants. Interestingly, the sermon focused on Christ as a leader and what we can learn about leadership from that model. I'm sometimes struck by how themes sometimes repeat in a week - no less than 2 days ago I talked with my grand niece about leadership by example when she told me the story of befriending a little girl in her class treated unkindly by her peers and my mind couldn't help connecting the two events. The grade 8 students concluded the mass by singing in clear and pure voices about standing up for the weak and persecuted and I thought again about leadership. God grant me the strength of a child. It was a memorable and moving service and we are richer for having attended.
Miss M.

No comments:

Post a Comment